Welcome to the TeleSign Developer Center! Here you will find information about how to get started implementing TeleSign products.
If you have a quick question that may be answered by TeleSign's FAQs, refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page.
How to get started with using TeleSign products is discussed in the following sections:
- How Documentation is Organized
- SDKs (Android and iOS)
- SDKs for Consuming the REST API
- REST API
- Summary of Available SDKs and APIs by Product
Documentation is organized by product. Each product page includes a description of the product's features and available documentation for the product. If you want to search by a specific kind of document instead, you can scroll down further on the left navigation bar to see that categories of documentation are grouped together as follows:
- API docs - reference details about a specific API
- Quick Starts - step by step instructions to get you using TeleSign APIs as quickly as possible
- SDK docs - reference information for using the Auto Verify and Push Verify SDKs
- Conceptual Walkthroughs - discussions and overview materials about key concepts for working with TeleSign products
SDKs are available for Android and iOS for Push Verify and Android for Auto Verify.
You must use the Auto Verify SDKs to implement Auto Verify.
You must use both the Push Verify SDKs and the web services Verify Registration, Verify Soft Token, Mobile Device OTP, Mobile Device Soft Token Notification, and Push Verify in order to implement Push Verify. If TeleSign generates your one time only passwords (OTPs), you must also use Get Status requests to share completion data and to obtain details about the status of end user transactions. If you have a high volume of transactions, you may wish to obtain details about the status of end user transactions using the Verify Transaction Callback web service. For more information, refer to the Get Status / Verify Transaction (REST) page.
If you want to use an SDK to work with a product that has at least one web service from the REST API, you can navigate to the appropriate product page for more information, or you can navigate directly to GitHub (you must be logged in to GitHub for these links to work) to the SDK of your preferred language:
A benefit of using one of the SDKs, is that authentication is handled for you. If you choose to use the REST API yourself, you must handle authentication. Refer to the Authentication (REST) page for more details.
If you want to use the REST API without one of the SDKs listed above, begin with the Get Started with a TeleSign API page.
This section provides a chart that indicates what tools are available by product:
SMS Verify (2-Way)
There are six web services:
- Verify Registration API
- Verify Soft Token API
- Backup Codes API (Mobile Device OTP)
- Soft Token Notification
- Verify Push API
- Get Status and Verify Transaction Callback (REST) - Optional if you generate your own OTPs, but still recommended
You can consume this API using one of these SDKs: