This page walks you step-by-step through how to add a new message template to your TeleSign configuration for the Messaging API, which you can then use to send a message to an end-user when using this API.
You can have up to five custom templates stored for your account. If you have five stored already and want to add a new one, just let us know which existing one you want to remove.
- Decide what you want messages using the new template to look like and do.
- Decide what variables exist in the template and give each a name using snake case (example:
customer_name). Describe what each variable does. Once your template is in place, you will be able to pass values for these variables in each request to the API that uses it.
- Decide on a name for the template (example:
reminder_with_link). You will include this in your API requests to select the new template.
- (Optional) Create a mockup image showing us what a message using this template looks like.
- Contact our Customer Support Team to let them know you want to add a custom Messaging API template. Include all the details from the steps above. We may ask additional questions or provide you more details about the design requirements we need.
- Once we have all necessary requirements from you, we create a template and add it to the configuration for OmniChannel for your account.
- We then notify you that the custom template is in place. You can begin sending requests to the API using the new template.
Updated 3 months ago