To add this product to your account, contact a Telesign expert. This product is available for full-service accounts only.
This page explains how to send an SMS with a one-time password (OTP) using Telesign SMS Verify directly from our docs site, without writing any code.
Ensure that you have the following:
- Telesign Customer ID and API Key
- SMS Verify enabled by our Customer Support Team
- Open the reference page for the POST /v1/verify/sms endpoint.
- Under the AUTHENTICATION header in the right panel of the page, put your Customer ID in the username field and your API key in the password field.
- Go to the middle panel of the page, under FORM DATA. In the phone_number field enter the phone number you want to send the OTP to.
- In the verify_code field, enter the verification code you want to send or leave it blank if you want TeleSign to generate the code.
- In the template field you can override the default text to be sent with the OTP. The
$$CODE$$variable must be included in this text to insert the OTP.
- Click Try It! in the right panel to see your transaction. You will be charged the standard rate for your transaction, and you are subject to all compliance rules as appropriate for your transaction.
- You can also click the copy icon to the left of Try It! to copy the code snippet displayed. To change the programming language of the snippet, select one of the options under the LANGUAGE header in the right sidebar.
Using your account credentials in the API Explorer to make a request results in your account being charged for the transaction.
Updated about 1 month ago