TeleSign's tutorials are designed to get you started using our products as quickly as possible. Each tutorial provides instructions for how to integrate our products for common scenarios you may encounter. Tutorials follow the same basic structure, though not every tutorial will have all the sections described:
- Description of What You Will Learn - This is the introduction at the top of each tutorial
- Requirements - Anything you need to complete the tutorial is listed here
- How it Works - A less technical overview of all the steps you will take in the tutorial to implement the solution
- Implementation Walkthrough - A technical walkthrough that shows you the code you would use from TeleSign SDKs in order to implement the solution
- Make it More Secure - When possible, this section presents technical discussion of products you can combine with the main product being discussed in order to make everything more secure
- Tools - If TeleSign offers tools in TelePortal to help with debugging or reporting, or there are additional resources such as documentation that would be valuable, this section provides the details
Currently, TeleSign offers the following tutorials:
- Verify Your Mobile App (Auto Verify) - Learn how to integrate TeleSign's Auto Verify SDK with your mobile application to create a seamless, automatic verification process for your end users.
You may also be interested in:
- Implement a JWT Service - A JWT service is required for Auto Verify, learn all about it here.
2FA with SMS Verify - Learn how to implement SMS Verify so that you can use SMS messaging to reduce account break ins and the creation of fake accounts. SMS Verify allows you to send end users codes via SMS message that they must then provide back to you in order to obtain authentication with your system. Details are included for companion products you can also implement to make your system even more secure.
2FA with Voice Verify - Learn how to implement Voice Verify so that you can use voice calls to reduce account break ins and the creation of fake accounts. Voice Verify allows you to send end users codes via voice message that they must then provide back to you in order to obtain authentication with your system. Details are included for companion products you can also implement to make your system even more secure.
Implement a JWT Service - If you are using Auto Verify, Push Verify, or Smart Verify with Push Verify enabled, you need a JWT service. A JWT service enables you to avoid embedding an API key in your application when registering or authenticating an end user through your application. This adds extra security, because it means hackers cannot dismantle an application to get an API key. This tutorial provides a walkthrough for creating a JWT service using Python, Flask, and MongoDB. Try following along, or use this to get ideas for setting up your own service.
Understand and Implement Score - Score allows you to check the likelihood that a phone number is used for fraudulent activity. Score will check a phone number and provide you a score, risk level, and a recommendation for what to do with the number. You can decide how you will handle the recommendation. This tutorial describes the concepts you need to think about when setting up and fine tuning Score for your products.