Try the API Explorer
An API Explorer is a widget on a documentation page that allows you to learn about an API in an interactive way. Instead of writing code to make a request, you can use an API Explorer to send a request directly from the browser. You can then also copy a code sample for the request in the language of your choice.
Before using any of our API Explorers, make sure you have Telesign authentication credentials (API Key and Customer ID) and access enabled by Telesign to the API you want to try.
How to use an API Explorer
This section explains how to send an SMS using a Telesign API Explorer.
- Open the reference page for the POST https://rest-ww.telesign.com/v1/verify/sms endpoint.
- Under the AUTHENTICATION header in the right panel of the page, put your Customer ID in the username field and your API key in the password field.
- Go to the middle panel of the page, under FORM DATA. In the phone_number field enter the phone number you want to use to try out the Explorer.
- In the message field enter a test message, such as "hello world".
- In the message field enter a message type, such as "MKT" for a marketing message.
- Click Try It! in the right panel to see your transaction. You will be charged the standard rate for your transaction, and you are subject to all compliance rules as appropriate for your transaction.
- If you want you can also click the copy icon to the left of Try It! to copy the code snippet displayed. To change the programming language of the snippet, select one of the options under the LANGUAGE header in the right sidebar.
Congratulations! You've sent your first SMS using a Telesign API and generated your first code snippet! For ease of use, some request parameters are pre-populated with default values for you. If you want to experiment you can change these parameter values.
The reference pages for endpoints each include an API Explorer.
Updated 7 months ago