An API explorer is a tool that allows you to learn about an API in an interactive way. Instead of reading and then setting up cURL or implementing a request, you can use an API explorer right away to see how an API works.
TeleSign's API explorers allow you to try out almost any of our APIs immediately, provided you have credentials (API key, Customer ID) and access to the API you want to try. Additionally, when you set up a request using TeleSign's API explorers, you can instantly get a code sample for the request in the language of your choice.
This section will quickly show you how to send a request for an SMS using TeleSign's SMS API Explorer. You must have your Customer ID and API key, and have the SMS API enabled to try the explorer.
- Open the reference page for the POST /v1/messaging endpoint.
- Under the AUTHENTICATION header in the right panel of the page, put your Customer ID in the username field and your API key in the password field.
- Go to the middle panel of the page, under FORM DATA. In the phone_number field enter the phone number you want to use to try out the Explorer.
- In the message field enter a test message, such as "hello world".
- In the message field enter a message type, such as "MKT" for a marketing message.
- Click Try It! in the right panel to see your transaction. You will be charged the standard rate for your transaction, and you are subject to all compliance rules as appropriate for your transaction.
- If you want you can also click the copy icon to the left of Try It! to copy the code snippet displayed. To change the programming language of the snippet, select one of the options under the LANGUAGE header in the right sidebar.
Congratulations! You've sent your first SMS using TeleSign's SMS API and generated your first code snippet! For ease of use, some request parameters are pre-populated with default values for you. If you want to experiment you can change these parameter values.
The reference pages for endpoints each include an API Explorer.
You cannot use an API Explorer with PhoneID add-ons or the Voice API.
Updated 7 months ago